Eggnog is a holiday staple! Today we are here to provide you with a delicious eggnog recipe with some added fiber to make you and your holidays feel oh so jolly! FiberCel™ adds 5g of fiber to any food or drink without altering the taste of your food or beverage at all! Try it today using this homemade eggnog recipe.
- 6 large egg yolks
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups milk
- 1 sachet FiberCel™
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Salt to taste
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cinnamon (optional)
- Whisk the egg yolks, sugar and FiberCel™ in a bowl until they are light and creamy.
- In a pan over medium-high heat, combine heavy cream, milk, nutmeg and salt and stir until it starts to simmer.
- Add the milk mixture to the beaten egg yolks one spoonful at a time. Then pour entire mixture into the pan on the stove. Whisk until it I slightly thickened.
- Remove from heat and add in vanilla extract. Pour the mixture through a strainer, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate.
- When serving add cinnamon and whipped cream if desired! Enjoy!